Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hickory Dickory Dock

We currently have a mouse problem in our roof. Not only have the little blighters been tap dancing above our heads at all hours, one set off a trap the other day right above where Bel was standing. She was horrified at the noise and I told her that the mouse was 'playing' (thank goodness she accepted that!). But when David got up there, there was no sign of the mouse or the trap.

One of our friends warned us that it could be the mouse setting us a trap and David was concerned that it was a snake that was actually caught in the trap or came along and ate the mouse and trap (I sincerely hope not!). I'm worried that we are going to have to track a suspicious smell in the coming days.

The good thing about this episode is that it reminded me that I have not shared our latest, cute, additions to the family. At playgroup a couple of weeks ago, the theme was 'up and down' and so 'Hickory Dickory Dock' was the song, story and craft. Bel adored making her little paper mouse run up and down a cardboard clock. But of course it didn't last long (Willow even ate part of it, I think). So One Saturday afternoon, I made them their own 'Hickory' and 'Dickory'. Obviously I intended for there to be one mouse each, but Bel has claimed them both as she maintains that Willow is too small to ever know!

Hickory and Dickory, our mouse softies playing in the garden


The girls enjoying their matching mouse softies

I did have plans of making an applique clock to hang on the bookshelf, but that was just waaaaaay to much work for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment