Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Review: Wicked Sinners

A friend of mine recommended Charity Parkerson's 'Wicked Sinners' and I managed to snag a copy for free from Amazon. I have posted this review on Librarything and rated it 5 stars.



Wicked Sinners is not the formulaic dark, brooking supernatural guy meets hapless, social misfit girl that I was expecting. While Parkerson’s plot twists and turns challenged my romantic sensibilities, she weaves them together with talent. The result: a book that I devoured, breathlessly arriving at the end.

At its most basic the plot is guy meets girl, true love ensues. However, unexpectedly tragic events turn this formula on its head. While it took me a while to resign myself to this, Parkerson’s engaging characters convinced me that this is the way it should be.

Parkerson weaves her tale with a surprisingly small cast of characters. I adored Adriana, whose impulsiveness and devotedness were enchanting. The description of Julien and Jacques had my heart racing, yet the differences between their personalities are striking. I must confess that it took me a while to warm to the character of Alain and even at the end I was not entirely convinced. But I am looking forward to Parkerson’s next instalments to convince me!

I thoroughly enjoyed Parkerson’s style. It was easy to read and engaging. Her flare for description won me over early. Even though I had not read the first book in the series, I did not find this an issue as ‘Wicked Sinners’ stands very well on its own.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed “Wicked Sinners”. I found it difficult to put down and I look forward to the next instalment.

No comments:

Post a Comment